Military marriage question
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Military marriage question

I looked around and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for and so I figured I would ask and see if you guys could help me out or point me in the direction of someone who can. I know the military has the Join-spouse program( or what ever its called), for couples who are both in the military.

My question is.
    If someone from the Army got married to a Marine and they had the same Mos in the different branches what are the chances of being stationed together or close together through the Join-spouse program?

Never heard of the join-spouse program. It's gotta be a rear-echelon branch to pull anything like that off.

Unless you're talking about a base with a joint MOS school or one of the very few joint services postings, there is very little possibility of a Marine cohabitating with an Army spouse while both are serving.

Even if you got one of those postings, it wouldn't be for more than a few years.

Having the same MOS wouldn't help much. You would just have to find a situation where there are bases close to each other and try to get stationed there. Unfortunately, I don't know of any situation where that is likely to work outside of the DC area. For example, Ft. Bragg and Camp Lejeune are in NC, but not too close to each other. But, that may be about the best you can do.

If you have a chance to plan these things, and it isn't someone you met once you already enlisted, it would be far better to go ahead and join the same branch. At least then you have a fighting chance.

Would love to see more information posted on this program.

Sounds like a logistical nightmare to me....

Okinawa has an Army base and Marine bases close by each other...hell we had soldiers living on Camp Courtney and I know that Kadena AFB had soldiers there too.

Barstow has Fort Irwin...My bro-in-law (US Army) lives on Barstow family housing...

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well I am not sure if it is called joint-spouse or not thats just what I heard it called on another website when I went looking for information. So its pretty much what I thought zero chance of being anywhere near your spouse if ones in the Army and the other Marine Corps

I would call and ask a Recruiter from either branch. I've never heard of it either from the Marine Corps but who knows from the Army...that's the Army for ya!

Thread Information